Monday, January 26, 2009

Toodles

Not much has been happening here in Ghazni since my last post. We are
trying not to count the days :) Our replacements are
due to leave Illinois around the 20th of February and should be in
Afghanistan by the 1st of march or there about.

Our weather around here has been surprisingly mild. It only got really
cold for a few days. I don't think I have seen it get much more than
into the teens. Most of our snow has melted. To be honest I am somewhat
disappointed. I was looking forward to seeing what 3-4 feet of snow
actually looked like. In most places we are back to walking around on
the big ole rocks. The snow was nice because you didn't worry about
twisting an ankle. With all of the freezing and thawing you do have to
worry about the ice though. I have some chain things I can put on my
boots. These boots offer very little traction on snow and ice and just
about everyone has "biffed" it a couple of times. So far I have managed
to stay upright but it has cost me coolness points cause shuffle around
like I'm 85 and half blind.

In other news I have new addition to the family. I'm a very proud owner
of a Yorkshire Terrier puppy. Her name is Toodles. I didn't get to name
her. I have a jewelry commercial I think it was Helzberg diamonds, to
thank for my dogs name. By all accounts she is settling in nicely and
likes to crash on the couch right beside Micca. Back to the commercial.
I guess Helzberg was doing a promotion and the dog from the commercial
"Toodles" was all over the store in the form of a stuffed animal.
Anyways Micca bought a couple for the kids, this was before we even
considered the idea of a dog. Fast forward a month and Micca puts down
the stuffed Toodles for the real Toodles to see and she growls and
attacks it. I'm sure it was pretty cute.

Well that's about it for now, I'm just counting the days 53.....
52.......51 sigh it's still to far away for my liking.

Later

Brent

No comments: